Addison Housing Works (AHW) strives to enrich the lives of low- and moderate-income people of Addison County by ensuring the development, management and maintenance of safe, quality, affordable homes and related supports for families, seniors and individuals.
Everyone in Addison County has access to a safe, quality, and affordable place to call home.
- We believe:
- Having a quality affordable home is a human right.
- A home comforts the spirit, gives life meaning and allows people to realize their aspirations.
- A home is necessary to nurture healthy families.
- We are committed to meeting a diverse variety of housing needs.
- We participate in and encourage inclusive, interdependent neighborhoods and communities.
- We consider energy efficiency and environmental impact with all our housing projects.
In 2019, AHW completed a five-year strategic plan with broad engagement from stakeholders including the Board, staff, partners, funders, and the community at large. The plan aims to set AHW on a path to better achieve our mission and embody our vision and values. You can view a summary of the plan here: 2019-2024 Strategic Plan Summary